Sometimes I find myself getting ready to go to sleep and think about how I want to have a great workout in the morning or the next day and then I wake up and I’m just not in the mood anymore. Thats when I tell myself its ok because I don’t have to have the best workout of my life. I’ll just go in there and warm up and see what I feel like doing. There have been tons of days where I have one workout planned and then end up scrapping the whole thing because in the end, I just didn’t want to do it. Here are a few things to think/do for your lazy days to hopefully get you going.
1. Anything is better than nothing.
2. Variety will save you from boredom.
3. A little caffiene can help you get moving.
4. Realize that working out is your time to get away from it all.
5. Think about the after feeling. People rarely walk out of the gym and regret having gone there.
6. If its peak hours and the gym is packed try finding an open space and do a simple 10 minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible) of squats, pushups, or burpees in any combination.
7. Listen to some great music.